The code for converting grided PM2.5 data into BenMAP format

Hello everyone. I’m using the EPA code from the link (https://www.epa.gov/benmap/benmap-downloads) to convert format of AQS data to the format that BenMAP accepts. Now, I have a PM2.5 grid in csv which I have created by using satellite remote sensing and AI. It’s a matrix with 1344 rows and 1422 columns that was saved in csv format. Can anyone please help me convert format of this grid to the format which BenMAP accepts it?

Thanks in advance,
Masoud

Hello Masoud, To import your data into BenMAP-CE, your grid needs to be geospatially referenced with a shapefile. Do you have a shapefile of your air quality domain? Once you import the shapefile into BenMAP-CE, you can sync your data you have to that shapefile. In Table 5-2 of the BenMAP-CE user manual, you can find how the data needs to be formatted to be imported properly, which will use a column/row reference. Please let me know if you need any further help and good luck in your analysis! -Ali

Dear Ali, thank you for your response. Yes, I have downloaded shapefile of my study area (Texas state) before. I already read the user manual but I was wondering if anyone has the code for converting format of grid data into the format which Table 5-2 (User manual) shows? Moreover, can you please give me some hints on how to sync the grid data I have to the shapefile?
Thanks in advance,
Masoud

Hi Masoud,

Can you post your grid data - that might help us answer your question. The example in Table 5-2 shows how your air quality data must be formatted to import into BenMAP, and your column and row data need to match the shapefile of your study area. You’ll need both files (shape file) and air quality data in order to start your analysis in BenMAP.

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your response. It seems that we cannot post csv files here. Can I send it to you via email?

Thanks in advance,
Masoud

sure, you can post a link here (maybe google drive), or send to me at Thompson.Lisa@epa.gov

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your precious help. I sent the files to your email.

Thanks in advance,
Masoud