Monitor Rollback: Advanced Date Setting Seems Not To Work in 1.4.14.1

(Joseph Jakuta) #1

I recently upgraded to v 1.4.14.1 and do not think I tried to create a monitor rollback with this version. I tried to yesterday and had some problems.

If I select a non EPA default dataset and do not click on the advanced button and just go straight to selecting the rollback region all of the monitors shows up just fine during the selection.

If I select a non EPA default dataset and click on the advanced button, click cancel, and then go straight to selecting the rollback region no monitors show up during the selection.

If I select a non EPA default dataset and click on the advanced button, change the dates for ozone season, click ok, and then go straight to selecting the rollback region no monitors show up during the selection.

The problems don’t occur when I select and EPA default dataset. It doesn’t matter whether the non EPA dataset is in the DB or imported via csv.

I am using the same datasets I used without a problem with BenMap 1.3.x. Any advice on this one? I would like to have ozone season go from April 1 to October 31 since there are exceedences during those other months in the data and not have to downgrade the version of BenMap.

(Neal) #2

Hi Joseph,

If you’re interested in changing the ozone season, you’ll want to do so in the pollutant definition:

-Modify Datasets–>Pollutant–>Manage–>Edit–>Define Seasons for All Pollutant Metrics

Keep in mind that:
–any ozone air quality grid (whether created using modeling or monitored data) will retain the season originally defined when first created
–your new season may not match the season defined by the ozone epidemiology study (most commonly May-Sep)

(Joseph Jakuta) #3

Sorry, but to follow up on the last point.

Looking through the health impact studies it appears the latter concern would only effect School Loss Days right? It definitely shouldn’t effect mortality because it is a daily rate?

(Neal) #4

It would affect all short-term ozone mortality studies because the program calculates cases per day of the ozone season and then sums them across the days.

(Joseph Jakuta) #5

Just to note for future board readers: changing this setting you suggested didn’t change the dates on the monitor rollback import.

But I am thinking about keeping it the same as before to avoid any other issues.