Converting CAMx output into BenMAP input

Hello Everyone,

I have ozone modeling data from CAMx and I was wondering if anyone have a suggestion for an easier way to convert CAMx output files into a format that BenMAP can read.

Thank you,
–Rene

Hi Rene,

Thanks for asking this question, as it is one that BenMAP-CE users often ask of us. I think that the approach you take for creating BenMAP-CE input files will depend in part on your starting point. Are you starting with a netCDF file? If so, you might want to try NASA’s free Panoply tool, available here. This program will allow you to selectively export data from a netCDF file as a csv file–allowing you to then create a BenMAP-CE input file.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Best wishes,
Neal Fann

Hi Neal,

Thanks for the help. I was working on a python script to convert my CAMx output into a csv file that BenMAP needs. It worked fine. I also will consider looking into Panoply tool since it looks like a very useful tool. One more question, since my Column/Row from CAMx are different from CMAQ Column/Row, will using CMAQ 36km, 12km grids affect my results? or the cross-reference option takes care of it?

Regards,
–Rene

Rene,

I’m terribly sorry for the delay in responding. Apparently I need to reconfigure the notification settings…

When you run (or, rather ran) the program, it will have performed a cross-walk between your CAMx air quality grid and the population and baseline incidence grids.

Again, my apologies for the delay.

-Neal

Hello everyone. I’m using the EPA code from the link ( https://www.epa.gov/benmap/benmap-downloads ) to convert format of AQS monitor data to the format that BenMAP accepts. Now, I have a PM2.5 grid in csv which I have created by using satellite remote sensing and AI model. It’s a matrix with 1344 rows and 1422 columns that was saved in csv format. Can anyone please help me convert format of this grid to the format which BenMAP accepts it?

Thanks in advance,
Masoud