Baseline Incidence

Dear Benmap Users,

I was wondering if it is necessary to define baseline incidence rate for all the considered columns and rows of the particular setup?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Hi Sara,

No need to define the baseline incidence for every single grid cell. Instead, you can use a single baseline incidence rate for your entire study domain and BenMAP-CE will apply that rate to all your air quality grid cells. So let’s say you have a 1km x 1km grid across a city but you only have 1 mortality rate you wish to apply. You can add a new grid definition of either (1) the city’s perimeter, or (2) the fused 1km x 1km grids. In either case, your new grid will just have a column/row index of 1/1. Hope this helps and let me know if you need any more clarification!

Best, Ali

Hi Ali,

Thank you so much for your helpful response.
The grid definition for my setup starts at column 1 , row 51, till column 376, row 51. For such grid definition, is it necessary that my new grid for baseline incidence rate would have a column/row index of 51/1 (similar to my grid definition), or using column/row index of 1/1 would work?
Thanks again.

Best Regards,
Sara

Hi Ali,

I am sorry for asking too many questions. I made the format of baseline incidence rate for a column/row index of 1/1. But I am not sure how to define this new grid in my setup which already have a grid definition for the entire country. I tried to estimate the health impact by using such incidence data, but I received zero values as the result. Any comments or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Sara