Air quality data incompatibility with HIFs

(QUAZI ZIAUR RASOOL) #1

i was trying to use warm season Ozone HIFs but i get the following error, as i am using one single average value for the season, while HIF is configured to be used with daily or hourly values. how can i change that ? (i used Seasonal and Annual metric as Blank).

(Neal) #2

Hi Quazi,

It looks as though your health impact function specifies a metric or seasonal metric that cannot be found in the pollutant definition. I’d start by comparing the metric/seasonal metric specified in the health impact function and confirming that these same metrics exist in the pollutant definition.

(QUAZI ZIAUR RASOOL) #3

so, i see in Health impact functions i am trying to use for MDA8 O3, Metrics are defined as:
"There is a ‘Metric statistic’ column with value = “None” (in the 1st figure attached). should i add it to my AQ excel sheets (base and control)-as in the 2nd figure attached:

(QUAZI ZIAUR RASOOL) #4

(Neal) #5

Hi Quazi,

From the screenshot above, you appear to have too many columns.

In the example below, I am importing CMAQ-gridded summer season average ozone values. I believe this is the format that you’ll want to use for your input data.

-Neal

(QUAZI ZIAUR RASOOL) #6

I tried that, and i get the following error: Do i need to do any adjustments while defining the pollutant?

(Neal) #7

Hi Quazi,

The validation screen indicates that the program is unable to find a column titled “annual metric” and doesn’t recognize the column titled “statistic.” Have you tried changing the column header from “statistic” to “annual metric”?

(QUAZI ZIAUR RASOOL) #8

I am able to get the AQ base and control in when i have “Annual metric” instead of statistic.
But, my question is, if i should keep them blank or fill with some value (like Mean), to use EPA MDA8 O3 warm season HIFs?

(QUAZI ZIAUR RASOOL) #9

Should i be defining a new metric in “pollutant definition”, since, i don’t have hourly values for a row-column , but a 90 day average value instead. How do i accommodate that: (what changes should i make in following definition for MDA8 O3), since i think both seasonal and Annual metric columns will be blank in my case right?